Wednesday, July 29, 2015

General Land Office and Laguna Madre

General Land Office
Laguna Madre
July 22, 2015



Visiting the General Land Office was one of the highlights of our trips.  The wealth of knowledge gained was impressive.  I was under the belief that the only spills were those of oil from the oil rigs. I have learned that I was wrong there are many different types of spills and they have to be handled in different ways depending on the type of spill and the amount of the spill.  They had several samples of spills they have collected from their cleanups. 



  


This was the last leg of our trip.  We were treated to a ride on an airboat for shallow areas and another boat to go into the deeper areas of the Laguna Madre.  Riding on the airboat, we were able to appreciate the mangroves and the oysters thriving near the mangroves. This was a pristine and healthy ecosystem.  


No comments:

Post a Comment